Friday, August 3, 2012

Franchise Compliance

This blog was created in an attempt to centralize information on a mystery shopping company named Franchise Compliance. There are numerous complaints that this company is not paying its shoppers that date back for several years. These shoppers shell out hundreds of dollars of their own hard earned money for carpet cleaning and write a lengthy report detailing their experience. They have neither received reimbursement nor the shop fee even after being graded positively on their report.

Franchise Compliance continues to schedule shops and not pay the shoppers. The most notable client is Chem-Dry. If you sign up to do a shop with Chem-Dry, you need to reconsider. Not only is it unlikely that you will be paid by Franchise Compliance, but the company that owns Chem-Dry, Harris Research is fully aware that Franchise Compliance is ripping off its shoppers and yet continues to do business with them. We have heard from employees of Harris Research who will claim they will help a shopper, take their name and number and they never call again.

We are going to shine a bright light on this company and its practices and put an end to it ripping off its shoppers. Anyone who has not received payment from them, please post your experience.

3 comments:

  1. Glad something is being done here. Today I reviewed my sassie account. I'd just like to add some facts here:

    1. Viewing screen shots I've saved, my payment is now "processing" which it wasn't before.
    2. It has been close to 90 days since I completed my shop.
    3. They no longer have shops listed on their job board. (Hopefully this means they have stopped trying to scam people?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Richelle, Hopefully they have no one willing to work with them but I recommend you can keep an eye on the job board. It is illegal to continue soliciting contractors when you know you can't pay them. Please let me know if you do get paid.

    If you haven't tried this already, file a complaint with the FTC and the USPS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completed a shop in June 2012 and have not received payment. They owe me $250. I would be glad to join in any collective action toward Franchise Compliance. My shop has been listed as "Payment Pending" for awhile, even though they have not reviewed and scored it. Like so many others, I have received no response to repeated emails to them. I find it interesting that they are still accepting shopper applications, even though there is nothing on their job board.

    ReplyDelete