Friday, August 3, 2012

Franchise Compliance Company Information

Franchise Compliance is run by a man named Adam Valdez. The company was initially registered with the Utah Secretary of State in 1998. Since January 11, 2011, the company has failed to re-register. That means there is NO COMPANY and yet they continue to hire shoppers and take money from Chem-Dry !

Here is the information from the Utah SOS site:

FRANCHISE COMPLIANCE, INC.

Entity Number: 1423507-0142

Company Type: Corporation - Domestic - Profit  
Address: 487 EAST 520 SOUTH SMITHFIELD, UT 84335  
State of Origin: UT  
Registered Agent: ADAM VALDEZ Registered Agent Address:
487 EAST 520 SOUTH
SMITHFIELD, UT 84335

Status: Expired

Status: Expired as of 01/11/2011
  Status Description: Failure to File Renewal  
Employment Verification: Not Registered with Verify Utah

History

Registration Date: 09/23/1998

Last Renewed: 11/05/2009

Additional Information

NAICS Code: 5416 NAICS Title: 5416-Management, Scientific, and Technic

Former Business Names

HIGH CREEK CONSULTING, INC.


This information is important for the following reasons:
  1. Mr. Valdez can be held personally liable for the money that is owed since Franchise Compliance is no longer incorporated.
  2. It shows an address of a property he owns on which a lien can be placed if he fails to pay the shoppers who win a judgement against him.
If you google the address he used, you will find that in March 2012, he posted it for rent on a home rental site called Rentler which means he no longer lives there but still owns the property.

Here is the link and a screenshot to that listing: https://www.rentler.com/listing/26559


3 comments:

  1. HI there, I just found your blog. Unfortunately, I spent $209 of my own money and after almost three months of no payment I started doing some research and discovered Adam's little scam. Today really is when I found out most info and spoke with someone at Chem Dry corporate. Is there anything that I can do? I already filed with the BBB....thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Jenn, first off let me say how sorry I am this con artist continues to get away with robbing hard working people. Unfortunately the BBB cannot do much because of the nature of the independent contractor relationship. I want to suggest two things: file a report with the FTC and with the Postal Inspector. The FTC maintains a database of complaints. This way if a government agency like the FBI ever decides to take action, they pull info from the FTC. Since we know he uses the postal service to collect data for shops, the postal inspector could investigate him.
    Let me know if you would be willing to speak to a news reporter because I am working on finding someone who handles scams to air him out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just logged in and read this! I ended up filing a complaint with the Utah Labor Commission, but since the work took place in FLorida, they cannot do anything about it. Florida doesn't have anything like that, so our economic department suggested contacting a lawyer. I have a letter drafted that I am planning on sending to his wife...perhaps she is not even aware of what he has done. If I don't get anywhere with that, I am researching small claims. Do you think if we can get enough people together that we can file a class action lawsuit? Not sure how to find everyone, but it doesn't hurt to look into. Yes, I am willing to speak with a reporter.

    ReplyDelete